Last updated Nov 2023
Table of Contents
Advertising Cookie & OPT-OUT
When accessing the internet via a web browser, we may utilize cookies from Facebook, Google, and other advertisers to enhance your online experience, including the display of more relevant ads.
You may opt-out of the Google cookie at any time by visiting your Google Ad Settings, and similarly, you may opt-out of the Facebook cookie by adjusting your Facebook Ad Settings.
Information We Collect & How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When signing up or making a purchase at Maxx Marine PTY LTD, we request personal information. We may combine the information you submit with data from other Maxx Marine PTY LTD services or third parties to enhance your experience and improve our services. This amalgamation occurs only with your consent, unless necessary for site security, and is maintained as long as your account with Maxx Marine PTY LTD remains active.
- Cookies – Upon visiting mylamar.com.au, we send cookies to your device. These cookies are used to enhance service quality by storing user preferences, improving search results and ad selection, and tracking user trends. Maxx Marine PTY LTD also utilizes cookies in its advertising services to assist advertisers and publishers in managing ads across the web and on Yachtsmen International services.
- Log information – Accessing Maxx Marine PTY LTD services via a browser or other clients, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include your web request, interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, and language, as well as the date and time of your request, along with cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or account. These logs, retained for 90 days and used for anti-fraud and website security purposes, are automatically deleted thereafter.
- Traffic information – Our traffic analysis tool, Google Analytics, records certain information when you access Maxx Marine PTY LTD services. Stored in an anonymized form, this data includes web requests, service interactions, Internet Protocol addresses, browser types, and languages, along with the date and time of requests. These logs, kept for 3-6 months, assist in content and marketing planning. They are automatically deleted after this period.
- User communications – Any emails or other communications sent to Maxx Marine PTY LTD are retained to process inquiries, respond to requests, and enhance our services. In case of SMS messages to or from our services, we collect and maintain associated information such as phone numbers, wireless carriers, message content, and transaction dates and times. Your email address is used to communicate about our services or products, but not for unrelated communications unless you have opted in.
- Location data – Maxx Marine PTY LTD provides location-enabled services. If you use these services, Maxx Marine PTY LTD may receive actual location data (like GPS signals from a mobile device) or data that approximates a location (like a cell ID). This data is not recorded without your consent and is only retained for as long as necessary to provide the specific service.
In addition, we use the collected information to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new ones; and
- Protect the rights or property of Maxx Marine PTY LTD or our users.
If we plan to use information differently than the purpose for which it was collected, we will seek your consent before such use.
Maxx Marine PTY LTD processes personal information on our servers in Australia. In some instances, we process personal information outside your country.
Most web browsers initially accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some mylamar.com.au features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Maxx Marine PTY LTD only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Maxx Marine PTY LTD in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for sharing any sensitive personal information.
- We believe that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Maxx Marine PTY LTD, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We implement appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices, as well as security measures like encryption and physical security measures to safeguard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Access to personal information is restricted to Maxx Marine PTY LTD employees, contractors, and agents who need that information to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may face disciplinary action, including termination and criminal prosecution, for failing to meet these obligations.
Accessing & Updating Personal Information
When you use Maxx Marine PTY LTD services, we strive to provide you with access to your personal information and either correct this data if it is inaccurate or delete it at your request if not required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We request individuals to identify themselves and the information they wish to access, correct, or remove before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In cases where we provide information access and correction, this service is offered free of charge, except if doing so would require disproportionate effort. Note that residual copies of your information may remain on our active servers for a period of time after deletion and may also be retained in our backup systems.